One of the key advantages of SharePoint is the ease with which developers can automate and customize
SharePoint by coding against the extensive server-side API provided by Microsoft.
The Microsoft API is not designed for use outside of the server environment however - applications developed for
client machines are required to interact with the SharePoint server by web service and remote procedure
To make client interaction with SharePoint servers more intuitive for developers familiar with the SharePoint
server object model, HubKey has developed the SharePoint Client API - a .NET library that wraps many of these services
in a DLL that can be distributed and used on remote client machines.
Advantages of the commercial SharePoint Client API include:
- Increased development productity.
- Familiar object model - in many cases, server side code can be copied to run on the client.
- Complicated hand-coded, error-prone XML and RPC requests are eliminated.
- Programmatically add, remove and enumerate webs, lists, document libraries and files.
- Windows, Basic, and Forms Based Authenitcation support.
- Complete source code and a demo application is included.
- Complete source code and commercial license for HubKey's FrontPageRPC library along with a comprehensive demo file upload application (including a custom TreeView folder browsing control) is also included.
- No client licensing is required.
- No server installation required.
A commercial license (5 developer seat licenses) for HubKey's SharePoint Client API is available for purchase from our web store, or by
To automatically receive an email with instructions on how to download a demo version of the API, along with instructions on downloading the CC licensed source code for HubKey's FrontPageRPC library, please use the form below.